Homework will be given to reinforce what has been taught in school. It is not meant to frustrate you or your child. Homework should take about an hour each night. The hour INCLUDES reading. Therefore, written hw should take no longer than 30-40 minutes.
It is expected that students complete their assignments and hand them in on time. If they are not passed in on time, your child will fill out a homework slip which will be brought home for you to sign. If hw is missed a second time in a term, they will also stay in for recess. If homework assignments fail to show an appropriate effort, students are asked to re-do the work.
While studying at home, your child would benefit from having a quiet, organized area to allow for optimum concentration. This will also help you in keeping track of any school requirements.
All homework for the week will be given out on Mondays (except for nightly envisions math). Therefore it’s very important to check in with your child Monday night to be sure hw is taken out of folder and placed in a safe spot at home. Homework may be turned in earlier than assigned day as long as it is done well. Assignments are as follows:
* Read 25 minutes per night, minimum 4 days of a week
* Books should be “just right books”, not too hard, not too easy
* Reading can be silent or aloud to someone else
* Please keep a record of title and minutes read in your planner
*Nightly Envisions math homework that will need to be turned in the following day.
* Given out Monday, due by Friday each week. This will be a two-sided paper.
* On Thursdays, there is a multiple choice quiz on vocab words. On Fridays, words must be used in sentences and will also be tested for spelling.
* All THREE clues need to indicate correct state or landform
* Mystery is due by Friday
* Topic given out on Mondays and due on Friday
**In order to meet the needs of all students, homework and/or homework schedule is subject to change.